Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Labradors

Cyrus and Sage have already begun pulling the "we want a dog" card... or "we miss Daria".  So any time we can get within petting distance of a dog, they want to go pet and hug it.  Last night we were out walking on the track and saw one of the people who we regularly see hitting golf balls and/or running with his black labrador retriever named Harvey. Harvey is a good dog and normally ignores people (unlike other people's idiot dogs).  Harvey will occasionally bring you a sloppy wet tennis ball and loves to play fetch.

Last night, Cyrus and Sage found his ball and this peaked Harvey's interest.  They played a game of fetch with Harvey while we spoke with Harvey's owner, who we've known since moving into the house.  With each "fetch", Sage and/or Cyrus would go and give Harvey a great big tackle/hug -- despite me telling them each time not to do so.  Dogs can be unpredictable sometimes and Harvey is getting up there in age... I didn't want either of them to get unnecessarily hurt by him.

Well... Cyrus crossed the line and hugged Harvey a little too much on the last throw.  Only, it didn't turn out quite like I had anticipated.  Harvey tackled Cyrus face down to the ground, bent over, and began to HUMP him!!!  I ran over to rescue Cyrus, but Harvey got off as he saw me coming.  Cyrus, meanwhile, got up and yelled at all of us that, "IT WAS NOT FUNNY GUYS!".  Well, Cyrus, I have to admit: it was indeed funny son...

I don't mean to offend anyone with a labrador retriever, but what a mindless breed of dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment