Last night, we celebrated Cyrus' sixth birthday at the Great Wolf Lodge about 90 minutes south of our house. We stayed the night in a Kids' Cabin suite that came with a separate kids' log-cabin themed sleeping area with one bunk bed and one single bunk. This room will come in handy once Miles can sleep in a big-boy bed. However, last night we rearranged the furniture and put him behind a couch in a pack-n-play where he couldn't see us.
Staying at the GW Lodge costs a pile of dough, but is (almost) an equal pile of fun. I don't feel like I was ripped off money-wise, especially when I weigh in the fact that this was in lieu of holding a birthday party. We played for 2-3 hours in the water park on Cyrus' birthday, and then played in the arcade and water park until about 3pm today. Five or six years-old is about the earliest age that a kid is able to take advantage of most of the amenities and water features / slides. Cyrus had a blast and mommy and I had to fight over who got to take Cyrus up and ride down another slide with him! (vs. who got to play in the wave pool with Miles and Sage...) Cyrus is such a little daredevil when it comes to stuff like this and had no fear of going down the big slides, some by himself.
We will likely go again and Mandy and I agreed that we'd (probably) want to stay two nights... though we wouldn't want to pay for two nights at the Fri-Sat rate. (mid-week is quite a bit cheaper) Maybe we'll get the grandparents or friends to come along next time for some fun in the water! We will try to get some pictures posted as soon as possible...
Pepper, the Master Spice
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment