I am supposed to run the mile in about 2-3 weeks. So long as Mandy can get work off, or we can find a babysitter, I plan to do so. Two weeks ago I ran a 5:36 on the track by myself in the morning after eating some bacon (which was not pleasant). This morning, I ran a half-mile in 2:39 (or at 5:18 mile pace) and felt like I could go longer (but maybe not much faster).
I don't know if I'll break the 5-minute barrier on June 20th, but I'm going to try. The meet is at night and I've historically run way better at night than during the day. For training until now, I have mainly been running distance and have not done much speed-work yet... however, now is the time to begin picking up the pace. Lots of quarter and half mile intervals are in my not-too-distant future...
Pepper, the Master Spice
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment