Monday, March 18, 2013

Busy-ness

Holy cow, I'm busy at work! I'm in a unique place in my career right now to have an abundance of funding and multiple important projects to work on. We were most recently awarded a project by the National Institute of Health to study the effect of EPO (the Lance Armstrong drug) on neurodevelopment and mortality of pre-term babies. We'll be randomizing half of 922 premie babies to get a high dose of EPO and half to get just saline (essentially salt water). I'll be leading the effort of designing the study, data collection, and analysis of the study results. We have 16 recruitment sites across the country and I'll have to visit most of them over the next 6 months to get them up and running. I'm not fond of air-travel, so I'm not looking forward to this part.

The kids are being good lately and have been over-the-top on 'appreciating' everything. "How was your day at work Daddy?", "Mommy, how is your meal?", "Excuse me, I burped".  I'm just documenting this here so that, years from now, I have proof that my kids CAN actually be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment