Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Turn (again)

It was *another* girls' night out tonight, and I stayed home with the kids. I'm owed and declare that I'll be golfing soon. Actually, the kids were great tonight for me and we had a lot of fun together. I fed them dinner a bit early so that we could get in a quick trip to the store for some wine, a longer trip to the playground, and then sit in the hot tub and eat popsicles. For dinner, I tried two new things: butternut squash *french fries* and homemade ketchup. The ketchup was decent, but could use a little tweaking. The butternut squash fries were awesome and will definitely be a suitable substitution for the real thing.

I don't think I've ever had a butternut squash prior to this diet, but I've got to say that it is an awesome food and makes me not worry about whether or not we're getting our vitamins (nutritional info).

No comments:

Post a Comment