Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stomach and Spiders

I woke up very early this morning not feeling well! At first I thought it was a combination of not eating enough for dinner and drinking a glass of red wine, but I was wrong! I ended up getting sick this morning and having to use the kitchen sink since it was the closest thing to me when my stomach told me it couldn't handle it anymore. I feel run down and have the chills! Cyrus threw up last Thursday night. We were afraid it was a complication from his Crohn's, but I think he just passed a nasty bug along to me! Do full-time stay-at-home mommies accrue sick time? If so, how and where can I cash mine in?

Our highlight of the day was dealing with the gigantic spider that decided to plant itself on our master bathroom wall! I have always been afraid of spiders and I especially fear the "August" spiders in the Seattle area! Bryan and I first encountered these beasts when we first moved up to Washington and rented the cabin on the Puget Sound from a co-worker back in August of 2001. Let's just say that the bug spray drove everyone of them out of their cozy hiding spots and they scurried across the floor the first night we were to sleep in our "new" rental. Watching these palm-sized (no joke) spiders run away at the first hint of light instilled an even bigger fear within me! Today my heart was racing, but trying my best to hold it together so I don't create the same fear within my kids, Cyrus and Sage witnessed me smash this huge spider! He was so big he splattered up onto the wall and half of his body flew through the air and landed halfway across the bathroom! Of course I shrieked loudly as this all transpired, so I had to explain to Cyrus and Sage that mommy is not fond of BIG spiders!

No comments:

Post a Comment