Friday, February 4, 2011

More Traveling

Well, we made it out of Boston yesterday and arrived in San Francisco yesterday afternoon. We stayed in downtown SF last night at a pretty nice hotel which we found on priceline.com for $105 per room while waiting for our airplane. It was the Chinese New Year yesterday and we had dinner at a nice restaurant in Chinatown last night.

Spending a day and a half in the Bay Area was refreshing. Refreshing because, despite the fact that it was 65 and sunny in February in SF, I realized that I am a Seattle person. I don't think I belong in places like Boston or San Francisco. While both cities are neat and interesting with lots of job opportunities for someone in my field, they're not *me*. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that the typical latte-sipping dark-rimmed glasses wearing Seattlite is better than the other two scenarios. I just love the green, alive, friendly nature of the Seattle area. I'd miss it if I were ever to leave!

Sitting at the Oakland airport right now (since 3pm) getting pretty liquored up with my programmer.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment