Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reno

I was in Reno this weekend for my youngest cousin's wedding. My parents, brother, and I all flew into Reno and stayed at the Peppermill Casino Hotel on Friday and Saturday. We relaxed, worked out, went swimming, had dinner, gambled (just $20 for me), and caught up on life. I'm not a fan of gambling or casinos and, while it was nice to take advantage of the various amenities, am still not a fan. People who spend time casinos are different... and I'm just not one of them!

The wedding was good and it was great to see my cousins. We grew up apart from our cousins and only saw them periodically. The last time I saw any of them was 12 years ago. Yet, whenever we meet we seem to connect as family.

Together, we all agreed that we need to have more of a connection with each other. I'm attempting to arrange a cousin reunion next summer -- we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment