Friday, April 20, 2012

Mancation

Mancation 2012 is (almost) finalized - to Mandy's dismay. We're honing in on the weekend of August 3rd and hoping to go somewhere in Central / Southern Oregon. We've got a solid 8+ guys going and we're thinking of renting an RV for our trip down. The question now is, where exactly will we go?! 

Candidates are:
(1) North Umpqua River area (east of Roseburg)
(2) Bend / Sunriver
(3) Grants Pass (for some fun on the Rogue River)
(4) Florence (sand dunes and beach)

I'm keen on going to any of these places, though Florence looks a little po-dunk for my tastes... and I tend to like po-dunk, so that's saying something! I'm actually keen on exploring the North Umpqua area, which I've never been to. They have an interesting looking camp resort called Go Last Resort and some white water rafting nearby, as well as the usual hiking / biking / etc.

Every year, I am Mr. Travel Planner for this event. If I didn't do it, would it still happen? Would anyone care or miss it if I didn't do it? I don't mind doing it, but it's funny how you get stuck with the responsibility of planning something if you've done it once or twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment