Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mile

We went up to Bothell high school last weekend to record our second mile time. Mandy shaved 3 seconds off and ran a 7:55. She has a funny pace, where she goes out hard and then each lap gets slower. If she could keep the pace up of the first lap, she would be ready to crack a 7-minute mile!

I felt pretty good that day and took 22 seconds off of the previous week's mile... Running a 5:47. I would say that I might be able to get into the 5:30's in the next few weeks without too much extra work, but anything faster than that is going to require training and losing weight. The first time I ran this fast, I was about 50 pounds lighter. The last time I ran this fast, I was 25 pounds lighter. I have my work cut out for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment