I do think it would be nice to visit Florida again, including some parts of Miami. The weather and city are nice, and even the culture is interesting and different. I could do without the "look at me" part of Miami, but that is kind of what makes Miami "Miami".
I would love to visit the Everglades and spend some time there. I nearly rented a car today and went into the Everglades for a bicycle tour. The weather (and work to some extent) got the best of me and I stayed near the hotel.
I met quite a few people at this conference; I even built up the courage to ask questions (on 3 occasions) of a session presenter. The sessions would typically have between 50 and 100+ attendees and the audience is notoriously shy at the microphone with the exception of the experienced gray-haired folks. One of my comments/questions even led to an unsolicited offer to "double my salary". This lady was absolutely greasy and works as a headhunter for the pharma industry... something I doubt I would ever do.
Here are some more photos:
Here is where I ate tonight:
Riverwalk trail to the Bayside Mall:
The trees here are sweet. I love the big, broad, exposed root systems and the wide branches.
Miami Mojito!




No comments:
Post a Comment