Saturday, March 7, 2009

Vacations

View from our last vacation.

I get plenty of vacation time every year from the UW. In fact, the vacation time alone would make it hard to ever leave. So every time that I see my vacation time build up to 40+ hours, I get an itch to plan an actual vacation. I'm in that situation now and want to go somewhere, but Cyrus' medical bills are piling up -- so it needs to be cheap. The website vrbo.com is a good place to find cheap vacation rentals. We rented an almost new 3 bed/2 bath cedar cabin in Birch Bay, WA in December and paid about $75 / night.

I'm leaning towards something in Washington state -- maybe Seabrook, maybe Chelan, maybe something near Leavenworth again. On the other hand, I could definitely spend some more time in Vancouver, BC. Anyone know of other cheap places to vacation? (camping is not quite a family option at this point)

No comments:

Post a Comment