We had to cancel the monkey's birthday celebration this weekend due to Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. What a crappy name for an otherwise pretty weak and harmless cold. Okay, okay, yes, there are some blistery, gross spots on his hands, feet, and in his mouth. But, big deal! This is a cake-walk compared to the H1N1 which others have been going through.
We went to the Northshore YMCA tonight for a Halloween festival. Our first order of business was the haunted house (kid's adventure zone). I think Sage was the first kid who had to leave because she was SO scared! She's soooo... cute and imaginative and that kind of thing just scares the bejesus out of her. I asked what was scary and she told me that "those bats were scary". I can't wait to take her trick-or-treating...
Given the diet, for those who are wondering, we've made our kids a deal: $1.00 per piece of candy. Of course, being a math/stats guy, I realize that this ratio is absurd in the long run and that they could break the bank by the time they hit elementary school. But for now, it seems good -- for every piece of candy you bring home, you get $1 to spend at Snapdoodle Toy Store in Kenmore. Keeps some the fun and incentive in it for them - and mommy and daddy get to eat candy after they go to bed!
Pepper, the Master Spice
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment