Friday, November 13, 2009

Dentist

We had our first dentist appointment on Tuesday with the kids and they both did AWESOME! Cyrus and I got there at 8:00am and Bryan and Sage arrived around 8:30am. Cyrus sat and watched me get my teeth cleaned and was asking a lot of questions. One of the dental hygienist was able to convince him to go to the room next to me, but couldn't convince him to get in the chair for her. Bryan and Sage arrived at the perfect time and sat in the room with him as he got his teeth cleaned. I could hear him giggling a lot and he found the whole process to be quite funny. He liked the fact that they called the sucking straw "Mr. Thirsty" and continues to bring it up at home and laugh about it.

After Cyrus was finished with his cleaning and fluoride treatment, Bryan laid back in the chair and put Sage on top of him. She cooperated to the fullest extent, sunglasses and all, and let them clean all her teeth and give her fluoride as well. I think the whole dental office was impressed that she laid there for them and our dentist even brought out his camera and took pictures of Bryan and Sage relaxing in the chair. I will be sure to post the photos if they send them to us!

I am proud of Cyrus for being such a big boy. His hospital stay in May was not easy for him and since then he has had a hard time trusting people, especially strange people who are wearing medical masks. On Tuesday he was brave, well-behaved, and kept his sense of humor...VICTORY!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's impressive that Cyrus & especially Sage, both let the dentist near their mouths! We are lucky that Sebastian has started to regularly brush his teeth without throwing a fit and he sometimes lets me near them to check his progress! :-)

    ReplyDelete