Holy cow is it raining in Seattle. I went for a run this afternoon... it was about 4pm and dark... and got sopping wet. My lousy secretary mentioned today that we are double our monthly rainfall totals through this day in November -- though I just checked and that's not true (like most things that come out of her mouth). It's surprisingly hard to find good help...
Speaking of water, the leaking water pipe in our driveway is being replaced this week. The guy knocked off $1,000 from his original $3,500 quote to replace the entire line to the street... good, but still a kick in the keester. The thousand bucks is saved because I agreed to have the line in our driveway patched up with 5/8's crushed rock in lieu of asphalt... I'll patch that in the summer when it warms up.
It makes sense that we get a bill like this, because we just paid off Cyrus' hospital bill from May. Isn't life funny like that? I don't know what I would do with another (nearly) thousand dollars a month that didn't have to go to some unexpected bill!
Pepper, the Master Spice
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment