Thursday, November 4, 2010

Frustrated

How does an indoor cat get fleas? That's right, Cisquoe, our fat cat, has fleas! I thought I would be nice and brush him today at which time I noticed black dots on the brush. I thought maybe it was from his multiple, disgusting skin tags that he digs at with his claws, but NO it is flea poop! The only reason I know this is because Daria brought home fleas years ago when we lived in the condo by St. Edwards. Getting rid of them was a royal pain in the ass, not to mention it creeps me out and makes me itchy all over just thinking about it! I am super pissed right now! At least when Daria had them I know how she got them, and we didn't have little kids at the time.

Cisquoe did escape to the backyard one day back in August, so maybe that is when he picked them up? It wouldn't surprise me, as our backyard was a jungle at the time from not being mowed since we had a newborn. Looks like I will be going tomorrow to the pet store to buy a butt-load of flea killing products; either that or I will be taking Cisquoe back to Petsmart for a return (we adopted him years ago from there). Cisquoe is spending the night in the garage. I already have started my first load of laundry in hot water and will continue to wash everything under the sun until I am sure those little bastards are DEAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment