I think it's the time of year... just after the holidays, with New Years' resolutions... where I notice change: in people, in perceptions, in lives. Lately it feels like change is happening all around us, though our family seems insulated from change at the moment. Perhaps, in our little world, the addition of Miles was a big enough change such that any other sort of change needed to wait. I'm really okay with the state of un-change lately, as the changes happening around us (while a part of life) are melancholy in nature.
I think that's all I want to say. It's just a feeling I've had lately: being okay with un-change... at least for a little while. Of course, we *are* actively making positive changes in our lives. For instance, Mandy and I recently decided to listen to at least one audiobook together about parenting... i.e. keeping our composure while one hurt kid is crying, one is throwing a major fit, and the other needs help wiping their butt and has poop on their fingers. It's definitely helped... though I think I need to listen to it once a week as a constant reminder!
Here's a picture Mandy took from our back deck that she told me to post after I told her what I was writing about:
Pepper, the Master Spice
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment