Sunday, January 9, 2011

Watching the Kids

I don't mind watching the farts for a few hours when Mandy goes out for some dinner and drinks with friends. The thing I never would have guessed is that Miles (the baby) tends to be the easiest to watch while Cyrus (the oldest) tends to be the most difficult to watch. Despite this, we have fun while mommy is out. Tonight, we watched a Stevens Pass ski DVD I picked up for free a couple of years ago. It has an awesome soundtrack that the kids like to dance to and they are mesmerized by the action of the skiers and snowboarders who made the video. Of course, it gets me Jonesing for the slopes too and I begin to wonder when I am going to get payback for watching the three kids! Here is a YouTube video of that DVD:



We had a good dinner (sans mommy) and I gave Cyrus some solid food tonight after a week-long stint on EleCare. The couscous tasted like gold and it was good to see a genuine smile on his face. I often wonder if he deep-down resents the periodic liquid diet and if that explains some of his grouchy tendencies. He's had a rough go of it on that end and we try to cut him some slack for not being happy with what he must forgo food-wise.

Mandy received the "where the F are you?" text message tonight as she was 30 minutes past Miles' normal going to bed time and he was starting to fall asleep on me. Mr. Miles is so easy though that he doesn't give much of a shit and would be just as happy to fall asleep on me as he would be to nurse to bed. Of course, when mommy got home she received the uncontrolled Miles' smiles -- letting me know that I was just a cheap surrogate! Little turd!

2 comments:

  1. Ahha! That's why she jumped up and said "Gotta go!" Well anyway, thanks for taking one for the team Bryan! We love having Mandy all to us once in awhile :)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sweat... mommy's need to get out and have fun without the kids. Especially the mommy's who stay home with the kids full time! I'm still Jonesing for some skiing and, based on tonight, Sage is Jonesing to go with me!

    PS - I would NEVER give her a "where the F are you" text message! : ) We were all good!

    ReplyDelete