The putting green is competing financially with my garage door, which is threatening to destroy the roofs of my cars with a half ton of rotting wood. In the last four years, I've had to work on that door 4 times - replacing the springs and cables several times. This last cable break a few days ago nearly ended me as the pulley slingshotted right past my face out of the garage when I began to loosen the cable. (I was wearing goggles in anticipation of this, but it still would've hurt like hell!)
As far as I can tell, the original Sears garage door opener is still going strong. But the door bows by about 4-6 inches in the middle when it is up, the wheels have to jump a half-inch gap on one of the tracks, and the screws are beginning to pull away from the door everywhere.
Enough... time to replace it.
Pepper, the Master Spice
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment